Sunday 31 October 2010

A New Contract

I should be, and I am, a happy bunny. After a few weeks of feeling stressed and smoking too much I now have a book deal. Not just a book deal, but a deal for two books.

I also have an agent to negotiate it for me, which is even better news. She won’t be able to get me more money on the deal, but she’ll do a god job on the details. I was surprised at how difficult it was to even have an agent willing to work with me – until I happened to say I had a book offer (to be fair, the one I’ve signed with showed interest before that news came through).

The publisher, which is Severn House as there’s no secret about it, wants to have the book – to be known as Drive The Cruel Away – out in May. That’s fine by me and I’ll be glad to get it out there after a good editing process. I’m lucky in that Lynne Patrick, my original publisher, will be my editor, as I know she’ll do a great job for me.

Of course, there still needs to be a signature on the contract. Nothing is certain until that happens. But it’s definitely a move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment